The Department of Education states that all students should be given the opportunity to capitalise on the opportunities of the future as empowered creators and uses of technology. ICT has the power to transform the way students think and learn and give them greater control over how, where, and when they learn.
This education must enhance, transform and personalise learning in the area of technology to allow students to take the next step beyond primary school. STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education is an essential part of our teaching and learning program at Jolimont for driving the innovation required to address global economic, social and environmental challenges. Jolimont will continue to grow as a hub of creativity, innovation and opportunity.
The Jolimont Primary School Business Plan 2021-2024 focus area of ICT, incorporates strategic pillars which aim to foster inclusivity by including:
- Enhanced opportunities for our students through community partnerships and allied professional that enhance Science, Technologies, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
- Develop communication strategies which showcase, celebrate and inform the school community of the successes in STEM.
- Through a consultative approach, continue to modify learning environments to assist teaching of ICT.
- Promote student leadership and voice in the area of technologies.
- Support continuous improvement through professional learning in line with Jolimont Primary School and Department of Education strategic directions.
These focus areas are in accord with the Jolimont Primary School’s Vision, to nurture and empower each other to pursue and be our best; Mission, to inspire in our children a joy of learning and instil the courage to succeed as global citizens; and Values, which include Respect, Integrity, Excellence and Care.