In the late 1800’s, Jolimont was a tiny suburb, isolated from the rest of Subiaco by the railway line and bush.
After much parent lobbying, Jolimont Primary School opened on the present site in 1905 with one classroom and 26 pupils.
During the 1950’s and 1960’s school numbers grew to 350 with the post war baby boom and major reconstruction of the school was necessary. During the early 2000 several buildings were completed including the undercover area, library and senior block.
Jolimont was proud to celebrate its’ first centenary in 2005. A special book on the history of the school was published to commemorate the occasion.
In 2017, Jolimont Primary School was awarded the WA Primary School of the Year.